Mourinho believes United must step up

first_imgJose Mourinho expressed his disappointment in Manchester United’s barren draw as their hopes of sealing a top-four place took a blow at Old TraffordUnited are currently 14 points behind Premier League leaders Manchester City, and currently, face a difficult task of making it to next season’s Champions League after they failed to convert their chances.He told Sky Sports: “[It’s] a bad point. When the objective is to chase the top four and to close step by step the distance to these teams and you start that period of eight Premier League matches until the end of December, it’s obviously a bad start.harry maguire, manchester UnitedMaguire says United need to build on today’s win George Patchias – September 14, 2019 Harry Maguire wants his United teammates to build on the victory over Leicester City.During the summer, Harry Maguire was referred to as the ultimate…“I give them credit, obviously. But I don’t want to try to show we draw because they were phenomenal. I praise them. They were defensively very well organised. The goalkeeper made a couple of fantastic saves, they were always waiting for a little chance to be dangerous in counter-attack. They played their game and they played well.“We need to improve, of course, I am disappointed with the performance. Again, you are right, it is not nice just to blame the team that is favourite in the game for not winning, it is also football to praise the opponent that came here and gave everything for that point. But we obviously have to do better. “last_img read more

2G and 3G Spectrum Auction Expected in February

first_imgThe department of telecom is likely to start the auction of 2G and 3G spectrum bands from February 2015.Proposed timeline for February’s auction:- 17 October ( Finalisation of new auctioneer)- 1 December (Notice for auction applications )- 8 December (Pre-bid conference)- January 12 ( Last date for bid submission)- January 28 (List of final bidders)- February (Auction starts)The government has projected ₹9355 crore as revenue receipts from 2G auctions in its budget estimates from current fiscal and is hopeful of raising a further ₹5000 crore through the sale of 3G airwaves.The Telecom Regulatory Authority of India is expected to direct the price of 900 and 1800 MHz spectrum by October.”We will write to Trai (Telecom Regulatory Authority of India) as soon as the swap comes through,” The Economic Times quoted an official.”On 800 MHz we will write to the regulator for some more clarity once the Telecom Commission has ratified the findings of the Dot (Department of Telecommunications) committee.”The Department of Telecommunication is scheduled to auction a total of 184 MHz of spectrum in the 900 MHz band presently owned by Idea Cellular and Vodafone, the permits for which are due to expire next November.The official also explained that in the previous auctions held in February, the government sold three fourths of the total airwaves available in the 1800 MHz band and the remaining one fourth would be put up for auction next year.There are about 29 licences that would expire across 18 circles in 2015-2016, reported Business Standard.last_img read more

Fresh violence mars first day of Syrian truce

first_imgA Syrian man walks past destroyed buildings in the rebel-held town of Hamouria, in the besieged Eastern Ghouta region on the outskirts of the capital Damascus, on Tuesday. Photo: AFPA “humanitarian pause” announced by Russia in Syria’s deadly bombardment of Eastern Ghouta failed to end violence Tuesday, with fresh bloodshed and no sign of aid deliveries or residents leaving the besieged enclave.Nine days after Russian-backed regime forces intensified their campaign against the rebel-held enclave, the deal offered some respite to civilians who had been hiding in their basements.But the first day of a five-hour daily “pause” that was ordered by President Vladimir Putin Sunday and kicked off at 9:00 am (0700 GMT) was marred by violence that saw seven people killed.Moscow’s plan falls short of a broader 30-day ceasefire it agreed to at the United Nations Security Council but which has yet to take effect, and has inspired little trust from among the besieged enclave’s 400,000 residents.The regime deployed buses at the Al-Wafideen checkpoint to transport residents wanting to use a humanitarian corridor to flee what UN chief Antonio Guterres last called “hell on earth”.But no civilians were seen venturing towards the regime forces guarding the checkpoint, where large portraits of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad and Putin could be seen side-by-side.The “humanitarian pause” ordered by Putin echoed a similar tactic employed by Russia and Syrian regime during the ferocious battle to force rebels out of Aleppo in 2016.Russia’s defence ministry accused armed groups in Eastern Ghouta of shelling the corridor, and said rebel fighters had “continued attacking the positions of the government forces” and “went on the offensive in other directions too”.Syrian state news agency SANA said a former Al-Qaeda affiliate present in the enclave was blocking civilians “to use them as human shields”.‘Truce a farce’Some residents left the basements they had been cowering in for days to check on their property and buy food.But many in the enclave, which lies on the eastern outskirts of the Syrian capital, appeared distrustful of a “pause” announced by Damascus’s main ally.“This Russian truce is a farce. Russia is killing us and bombing us every day,” said Samer al-Buaidhani, a 25-year-old from Douma, Eastern Ghouta’s main hub.“I don’t believe it’s safe for me or my family to leave by this system,” he told AFP.International Committee of the Red Cross spokeswoman Iolanda Jaquemet said any evacuation needed deeper coordination.“Under international humanitarian law, humanitarian corridors are things which need to be well planned and must be implemented with the consent of parties on all sides, not only with one side,” she told AFP.Violence levels were significantly lower on Tuesday as the “humanitarian pause” kicked in but seven civilians were killed by regime bombardment, including two children, said the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights war monitor.The bombardment intensified again after 2:00 pm (1200 GMT), the Britain-based group said.Since February 18, 582 civilians, almost a quarter of them children, have been killed in the Syrian and Russian bombardment of Eastern Ghouta, making it one of the bloodiest episodes of the country’s seven-year-old conflict.Fourteen of the dead, including five children, were pulled from the rubble on Tuesday after being killed in the past two days, said the Observatory.In Damascus, the state news agency said, a civilian was killed and five others wounded by shelling from “terrorist organisations”.Aleppo scenarioIn Hammuriyeh, another town in the sprawling semi-rural enclave, Mohammed Abdullah said the pause left civilians with a choice between two evils.“The truce is not in the people’s interest, we have two options: death or displacement,” said the 30-year-old.“The campaign we were targeted with was an extermination campaign, not a simple bombardment. What we want is a full and permanent ceasefire for all of Ghouta,” he said.That sentiment was echoed by the dominant rebel groups in Eastern Ghouta, who sent a letter to the United Nations stating their willingness to expel jihadists as soon as a full ceasefire takes effect.The main rebel groups in Eastern Ghouta—Jaish al-Islam, Faylaq al-Rahman and Ahrar al-Sham—declared their “complete commitment to deport” jihadist fighters.Hayat Tahrir al-Sham, a group made up mostly of fighters from Al-Qaeda’sex-affiliate Al-Nusra Front, is present in some parts of the enclave.The letter said such an evacuation, which has been discussed previously but never yielded any result, would take 15 days and start when a UN truce takes effect.Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov reacted cautiously to the statement and said after meeting French counterpart Jean-Yves Le Drian that the ball was in the rebel groups’ court.“We shall see in practice whether the pleas by the three illegal armed groups… to carry out the UNSC resolution correspond with their intentions,” he said.A top US general accused Moscow of playing an “incredibly destabilising” role in Syria by claiming it wants to settle the civil war while at the same time stoking the conflict.The Syrian government lost control of Eastern Ghouta in 2012 and has besieged it almost ever since.The latest scenario put in place by the regime and its Russian ally was reminiscent of the deal that ended the battle of Aleppo in 2016.Few civilians back then initially used the Aleppo corridors unilaterally announced by Russia.Some started fleeing after renewed bombardment and the rest eventually evacuated when a multilateral deal was reached with Turkey.last_img read more

Chopper crew hoists woman from Vision of the Seas brings her to

first_img Wednesday, December 27, 2017 Source: The Associated Press Chopper crew hoists woman from Vision of the Seas, brings her to hospital << Previous PostNext Post >>center_img Share NEW ORLEANS — U.S. Coast Guard officials say a helicopter was used to hoist a woman from a cruise ship 100 miles off the Louisiana coast and bring her to the mainland for medical attention.The Coast Guard says it received a report from the cruise ship Vision of the Seas on Sunday that a 23-year-old woman was suffering from suspected internal bleeding from a prior incident.A helicopter from Coast Guard Air Station New Orleans and an airplane from the Coast Guard’s Mobile, Alabama, base were mobilized.The Coast Guard said the helicopter arrived at 10 a.m. Sunday to pick up the woman and transport her to Jefferson Medical Center in New Orleans.The Coast Guard said she was reported to be stable condition.last_img read more